My phone was not working yesterday, but the only advice on the company's website was to call them to work on the problem. It is tough to call them when my phone isn't working. An email address to report a phone problem would be a good idea, but they only provide a generic email that shoots a form letter to you. Anyway, I stood on the corner at the disgusting phone booth and stood on hold while keeping Julia from stepping in front of cars. Fortunately, I was on hold for only a couple of minutes, and the man I talked to fixed the problem. He didn't know why the phone had stopped working, though.
Yesterday Julia picked out Mickey Mouse bandages at the store. Last month I bought some generic ones, but after using one on Julia, I discovered that they give her a hideous rash. So, she got to get brand name bandages- her sisters are completely jealous.
Julia knows that she can't have a bandage unless there is an actual wound. She tried to convince me multiple times yesterday that she was gravely injured, but I kept telling her that there wasn't any blood. Finally, she decided to be proactive, and she walked up to me and said, "I scratched myself. I need a banda- age." Unfortunately for her, she hadn't done herself much damage, so I refused to treat it. I know a lot of parents freely give their kids bandages whenever they want them, but I am a really thrifty person, and I hate wasting things.
While waiting at the bus stop for Hannah yesterday, Shaela and Julia were examining a tree. Shae told me, "By my calculations, this is the same kind of tree that is in our condo complex." She sounded just like Mr. Spock.
I have informed Scott that we need a second cell phone. Right now, we have one that is pay and talk, and used very rarely. I feel better having it with me when I'm out of the house, in case the school needs to call me. Scott doesn't think we need another one, but he takes mine one week out of the month when he's on call (he takes the bus and needs to be able to call the hospital if he's paged on his way home). So for one week, I feel like I can't leave the house in case the school calls. And as I told Scott, with Shae now at school, the chances of the school needing to call us haven't doubled- they have multiplied tenfold. She is just that sort of kid.
So far, in her 5 years, Shaela has run out into the street (at 11 months), electrocuted herself (with a pop tab and an outlet), gotten lost in Toys R Us (she went to the book section to quietly poop in her diaper), eaten dishwasher detergent, gotten her head stuck in the bottom hole of a cat house (I couldn't stop laughing and eventually had to margarine her head to free her), and smashed her head open on metal steps (requiring an ER visit and 6 stitches in her forehead- Scott said you could see to the bone, but I didn't look).
And all of those incidents occured when one or more parents were with her. What will she get up to without us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment